What a trip!!
2013 Daytona 500 race was some of the finest racing I ever saw. It doesn't matter that the Chevy-Ford-Toyota cars are homogenized and I couldn't read the sponsor billboard logos and every team has a well-practiced efficient pit crew, so it was all about the drivers. Huge props to Danica Patrick for leading from the pole position and taking the most obvious neon-green racecar into the top 10 finshers. Of course experience rules: Jimmy Johnson and Junior Earnheardt did what they had to do to finish 1-2. But that finish was highlighted by a no-caution run across the line with the also-rans crashing in the attempt. Most impressive feature of NASCAR racing? 3-wide laps at 200 mph a body-length apart. That's a human body, not a car body. Did any one notice that the ads are top-drawer emotional family stories like the best Super Bowl ads? I enjoyed the 2013 Daytona 500 way more than the 2013 Super Bowl of football. Duh.
No comments:
Post a Comment